Friday, October 19, 2007

Françoise Hardy

A quicky Youtube post here... Françoise Hardy has plenty of great songs, but for some reason this one stuck with me. It's co-written by her husband, Jacques Dutronc, and there is a strong element of R&B here in a way that isn't present in his own material. To me, Dutronc has the best feel for rock and roll out of all the French singers of his time, but his equally good feel for R&B and soul had been unknown to me. The song is a classic vampy minor-key blues number in the vein of Little Willie John, complete with some funky bass work and icy lead guitar. It's certainly a departure from the more folkier stuff she made her name on. Incidentally, I have no idea why she is in a rowboat, I guess it's typical Scopitone hijinx, but she appears to row well... Without further ado, "Le Temps De L'amour": 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home